We are off and running in another exciting year and I want to share with you 7 steps that you can implement immediately. Regardless of your role in the hospitality industry, these steps will have you moving UP! to ensure 2012 is a successful year for YOU.
1. Reach Up! Your attitude truly does determine your altitude in life. You need to put a smile on your face and maintain a positive attitude about who you are, what you do and what you plan to accomplish this year. In addition, you can generate more excitement by spreading the word about the value of our industry and how it matters a great deal to the global economy. You can go to work every day with a positive attitude and be proud of what we do and the value the hospitality industry brings to the world (see our post on Face-to-Face Meetings Matter).
2. Dream Up! It is time to dream BIG dreams and set BOLD goals. Those that accomplish great things in life – examples like Henry Ford, Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Howard Schultz, Mark Zuckerberg- had bold dreams and kept working until they made their dreams a reality.
3. Plan Up! Set Clear Goals – it is important to set clear and specific goals for the year (see our post on New Year’s Resolutions). Without a clear plan of what you want to accomplish and a roadmap to get there…it will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to reach your desired destination.
4. Show Up! Network – get out of your office and get involved! You will not grow as a person or grow your business if you do not get out of your office and interact with industry partners. Make the commitment to show up, be engaged in our industry and be constantly involved with those that will help move you in the direction of your dreams.
5. Step Up! Provide Your Customers with Exceptional Service. If you want customers for life, step up and provide them with a ‘white glove’ level of service. If you anticipate their needs and deliver exceptional service you will get more than your fair share of business from them. More importantly, the competition will never be able to get in to see them.
6. Stand Up! Help Each Other- we need to stand up and work together and do business with each other. It always makes you feel better when you are able to help others…and I guarantee it will come back around to help you. The best way to achieve this is to both give and ask for referrals as they are a proven method to grow your results (see our post on Hospitality Industry Friends Helping Each Other).
7. Follow-up! You have to follow-up on your dreams, goals, activities and with the people that will enable you to achieve your desired results.
I am confident that these 7 steps will help you take charge of your year and not only achieve, but exceed your goals. Look Up…YOUR dreams are within reach!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also be interested in “Holiday Networking for Hospitality Industry Professionals”.